Testing an Offer with your Advertiser before setting traffic live is a key step in the setup of a new Offer. Use CAKE's Test feature to ensure tracking accuracy.
This Article Will Help You
- Test New or Modified Offers
- Understand CAKE's Testing Instructions Page
- View Test Page Results
- Navigate the Testing Report
Section 1: Testing an Offer
Once you have completed your Offer setup and your Advertiser has placed the CAKE Conversion/Event Pixel(s), you will want to test that Clicks, Impressions, and Conversions track properly.
To access CAKE's Offer Testing Instructions Page, follow these steps:
- Open the Offer Card.
- Click the Home tab.
- Press the Test button.
Section 2: Testing Instructions Page
From the Testing Instructions Page, complete the following steps:
- Press the Clear button to clear existing CAKE cookies for this Offer on the open browser to ensure a clean test.
- Click the Turn On button to enable CAKE's Test Mode so that Clicks and Conversions are marked as Tests in Reporting and stats such as Revenue, Cost, EPC and more are not affected by test data.
- Click on the Link in the second step to be redirected to the Landing Page, this link is a default tracking link for your Offer.
Once directed to the Offer's Landing Page, you will need to complete all necessary steps in the conversion funnel that has been described by the Advertiser. Once you have completed the steps for the Conversion Pixel to fire, return to CAKE's Testing Instructions Page.
Section 3: Viewing Test Results
After completing the conversion funnel, click See The Results on the Testing Instructions Page. The details below should appear:
- Date Clicked
- Total Clicks
- Request Session ID
- Event Type: Conversion/Install/Lead or Event Name
- Date Converted
- Test Lead: Yes means that this Conversion is marked as a Test in CAKE Reports.
- Unique ID is the searchable ID number in CAKE for this unique Conversion
- Affiliate Pixel Fired: Yes means CAKE successfully fired a 3rd party Affiliate or Campaign Pixel.
- Order ID: The Advertiser's Transaction ID passed through in the T parameter of the Conversion Pixel.
Note: When testing from the Offer level Testing Instructions Page, the Affiliate Pixel Fired detail will always say No as there is no actual Affiliate or Campaign entity tied to this test.
Section 4: Testing Report
Test Clicks, Conversions, Events and Leads can all be seen from any CAKE Master Report by filtering for Tests Only or Tests and Non-Tests.
However, the Testing Report will be the easiest report to find recent tests. Simply follow these steps to navigate:
- Click the Affiliates or Advertisers main tab.
- Click the Testing sub tab.
- Click Recent Test Clicks, Recent Test Conversions or Recent Lead Submissions.
- Search for the Offer you recently tested.
- Click the Unique ID hyperlink to see Pixel Log details and more.