Facebook Lead Ads
This article will cover the following:
- The value of integrating Facebook Lead Ads in CAKE
- How to integrate Facebook Lead Ads in CAKE
- CAKE & Facebook Lead Ads Best Practices
"With Facebook lead ads, your potential customers can sign up for what you’re offering, and you’ll get accurate contact info to follow up with them. When potential customers see your ad on Facebook, they can sign up for more info or request something from your business—like price estimates, newsletters, product demos, test drives and much more.
By clicking your lead ad, customers will see a form that’s already filled with info they’ve shared with Facebook—like their name, number, or email. The form is mobile-device friendly and designed for the least amount of typing possible. So it’s quicker for customers to reach you—and gives you accurate, actionable info so you can reach back. Facebook accomplishes this by pre-populating form fields with Facebook user data whenever possible. By making it easier for users to fill out forms (especially on mobile) this means conversion rates go up."
We as CAKE users understand the value of a simple web form and how quality data earns a premium in the lead gen space.
How to Integrate
CAKE can connect to your Facebook account to activate the integration.
CAKE users will first have to link Facebook to CAKE via the Facebook source card.
- If you haven't already, create a Facebook source by hovering over Channels > Sources > Add a New Source > Select the Social channel and Facebook integration
- Once the Facebook source is created, navigate to the Facebook sub tab
- Click Authorize Account, this will launch the Facebook sign in screen
- Enter your credentials and click Authorize
- Once Authorized populate your FB Ad Account ID, Campaign Attribution Parameter, Creative Attribution Parameter and Start Date then click Save
Launching Campaign Importer
Facebook Lead Ads Campaign Importer: Step 1
When in the campaign importer you will have to enter the Facebook campaign details you want imported into CAKE.
- Enter your Facebook Lead Ads Source
- Select the Site you want to import campaigns for
- Check Import Leads
- Click Next to Advance
**Note: The site type of Hosted or Host-N-Post are what drive the Import Leads setting on this wizard
Facebook Lead Ads Campaign Importer: Step 2
Facebook Lead Ads Campaign Importer: Step 3
Facebook Lead Ads Campaign Importer: Step 4
Facebook Lead Ads Campaign Importer: Step 5
On Step 5 you will associate the CAKE Lead Field to the Facebook Lead Ads Questions. You can optionally choose to import only specific questions in CAKE. It is recommended to import all as you cannot ask CAKE to reimport more info on a record that was already stored in CAKE.
To Associate a Lead Field to a Question:
- Double click the row and select the Lead Field you with to use for this FB Question
- Click Next to advance
**Note: If you choose to not map all fields we will warn the user if they are sure they want to proceed to the next step. Clicking YES will advance you to the next step. NO leaves you on the current step.
For information on Facebook Lead Ads best practices see the below link:
A couple of things to note:
- Lead ads are not shareable. Organic leads occur when people tag their friends
- Organic leads can also occur when an advertiser tests their ad and submits a lead
- Organic leads won't display in Ads Manager, so you may see more leads in your CSV file than in your reports. The cost-per-lead metric in Ads Manager isn't affected by organic leads.
- How long does it take for a lead to show up in CAKE after it's been submitted? We have a process that imports the leads every 30 minutes (whenever the leads are available in Facebook)
- How does CAKE calculate the cost? We do not import any cost related information from Facebook.
- Why can't I see the Facebook Lead Ads question in CAKE? In FB there is the Question and the Name. We store the name and not the question.
- Why do I see less leads in FB Ads Manager UI? You have 'organic leads' these are suppressed from the Ads Manager UI. This is a good thing, it means your form is getting touches you are not being charged for.
- Regarding cost of my leads, how does CAKE handle Organic Leads? This should be handled the same as it does today. Keep in mind that the Facebook Lead Ads integration only imports leads into CAKE.