DialogTech + CAKE Integration
DialogTech integrates real-time call data into CAKE to maximize how your digital marketing efforts convert into calls and revenue.
The integration allows DialogTech to inform CAKE of details related to a previous source and/or destination with their respective price adjustments. The two most common use cases for this integration are described below.
1. Override previous calls/conversions with a more qualified call
In this use case you will set criteria within DialogTech identifying that when the same caller dials in a subsequent time and specific criteria are met such as the call length exceeding the length of the original call, then you do not want to pay the source for the duplicate caller and you want to route that call to the same call center as the previous call. Your business model is to not pay or collect money for duplicate calls, thus DialogTech will communicate to CAKE a previous source and previous destination ID notifying us to zero out the price paid and price received of the previous conversion within CAKE.
2. Sell duplicate calls to additional call centers
This can be an instance where you are selling duplicate calls to other call centers to earn additional revenue on callers that dial in more than once and meet the call criteria set within DialogTech. In this case, DialogTech will inform CAKE that there was a previous source and to zero out the price paid on the previous conversion. The price received will be retained so that both the previous conversion and the new conversion reflect that you are receiving money for the two calls generated by the same caller under that same source.
Step 1: Create CAKE Integration in DialogTech
Through a seamless integration with CAKE, DialogTech offers you the ability to gain deep insights into calls from customers from any marketing source - online, offline and mobile - and integrates data into the CAKE platform in real-time to optimized performance. We've provided step by step instructions for setting up the integration below.
Configure the CAKE Integration
Create New Integration
3. On the CAKE Integrations page, click the "Create New Integration" button.
4. Give your CAKE integration a descriptive name, provide the URL for your CAKE instance, enter an API Key for your CAKE account, and click the "Create Integration" button.
Note: This is particularly important if you are setting up integrations for multiple CAKE instances.
Finding Your CAKE API Key
Step 2: Enable the Integration for a LeadFlow Set
1. In DialogTech, select "LeadFlow" from the "Call Routing" tab and create a new LeadFlow set or edit an existing one.
2. On the LeadFlow Set Configuration page, select the desired integration from the "CAKE Configuration" drop-down and save the LeadFlow set. If you do not see the "CAKE Configuration" drop-down, confirm you have successfully created a CAKE integration as described in Step 1.
Note: To enable a CAKE integration for an existing LeadFlow set, please contact the DialogTech Customer Success Team for assistance in adding the required information to the LeadFlow rules spreadsheet. This is done automatically for newly created sets.
Step 3: Map Your CAKE Offers to LeadFlow Destinations
To associate conversion data for a DialogTech Destination with a CAKE Advertiser, you must enter the CAKE Offer ID for the appropriate Advertiser into the DialogTech Destination Rules spreadsheet.
Step 4: Map Your CAKE Affiliates to LeadFlow Sources
To associate conversion data for a DialogTech Source with a CAKE Affiliate, you must enter the CAKE Affiliate ID for the appropriate Source Phone Number(s) in DialogTech.
Finding Affiliate IDs in CAKE
Configure Source Phone Number
1. In your DialogTech account, select "Phone Routing" from the "Call Routing" tab.
2. Click the configure button to the right of a Source phone number to associate it with a CAKE Affiliate.
Note: You can also configure multiple phone numbers for one Affiliate simultaneously by selecting the checkboxes to the left of each phone number and clicking "Change routing for selected numbers" in the top left of the table.
Associate Phone Number to CAKE Affiliate
LeadFlow Data in CAKE Reporting
Your LeadFlow calls are displayed in the Conversion Report. Destination Qualified calls will display the Destination Price defined within the LeadFlow set in the "Received" column. Source Qualified calls will display the defined Source Price in the "Paid" column.
1. In your CAKE account, select the "Reports" tab in the menu bar.
2. Select "Clicks/Conversions" > "Conversions" in the left navigation bar.
Additional Information about the Call
Directed CAKE Campaigns
Enter DialogTech Source Phone Number as 3rd Party Name
When more than one CAKE Campaign is associated with the same Affiliate/Offer pair, the subsequent Campaigns are referred to as "Directed Campaigns". In this scenario, one additional step is required to associate LeadFlow data with the appropriate CAKE Campaigns.
The DialogTech Source Phone Number associated with each Campaign needs to be added as the "3rd Party Name" on the CAKE Campaign cards for the Original Campaign and any Directed Campaigns associated with the same Affiliate/Offer pair.
Note: This step is not required if there is only one CAKE Campaign associated with an Affiliate and Offer pair, but it is recommended in case a subsequent campaign is created.