Grouped Offers (One to Many)
This article will cover the following:
- What Are Grouped Offers
- Steps to Set Up Grouped Offers in Your CAKE System
What Are Grouped Offers?
Grouped Offers is a feature that allows your affiliates to drive traffic to one offer (a landing page or splash page) and track clicks and conversions that occur on secondary pages/offers that are only accessible on or after the landing page.
With Grouped Offers we call the landing page the parent offer and the subsequent offers are called child offers. To take advantage of this feature, you must:
1) own the landing page or
2) have a customizable page from your advertiser, where the links can be replaced with CAKE tracking links.
Below is a quick guide on how this works:
- A user clicks on a CAKE tracking link for the parent offer (your landing page)
- The user then clicks on a child offer link from your landing page
- CAKE recognizes the affiliate from the parent offer click, and auto-creates a campaign for the relevant child offer
- CAKE then tracks a click (and a conversion if one occurs) on the campaign for the child offer
In the example above, www.parentofferlandingpage.com represents your parent offer landing page, which is the offer your affiliates are driving the traffic to. From that page, the user has the option to click and convert on 9 different offers (child offers). We will be able to track the click on the parent offer, as well as the click and conversion on the child offers.
Enabling Grouped Offers
To enable Grouped Offers, go to Setup > Settings > Tracking Settings. Within General Settings header you will find a Grouped Offers checkbox. Simply check the box, then click Save.
Linking Child Offers - Offer Card
Once grouped offers is enabled, you will see a Grouped Offers tab on your offer card. From here, click Add to select your child offers. Remember, your child offers are the ones that are located on the landing page of your parent offer.
You might notice that there is an 'Auto Place Pixel' option under the Grouped Offers tab. This option will auto-place the affiliate's pixel from the parent offer onto the Campaign Cards of the child offers when auto-created.
If your affiliates wants specific pixels for each child campaign, you will need to create those campaigns in advance and place the appropriate pixels.
Generating Your 1:Many Link
Once you have added your child offers, click the 'Generate 1:Many Link' button on the Offer card. The parent offer will pre-populate, since that is the card you are currently on. Lastly, select the child offer and creative.
Click 'Next' and you will be able to see your new 1:Many Link. This link should be placed with the creative on the parent offer landing page. Once completed, you will see a click show up on the parent offer when a user clicks on the affiliate's unique link. Then, when the user clicks on one of the child offers, another click will show for that offer. Should the user convert, the child offer will show the conversion.
A couple important things to note:
- CAKE will auto-create campaigns for all child offers
- Affiliates will be paid for child offer conversions - there is NO unpaid option unless set explicitly on the Offer or Campaign cards