How to Add a 3rd Party Offer
This article covers:
- How to add a 3rd Party Offer using the Add a New Offer wizard
How Do I Add a 3rd Party Offer Using the Add a New Offer Wizard?
Adding an offer is the third step in the workflow process. An offer is usually related to a specific landing page or product.
To add a new offer:
- Click on the Advertiser main tab
- Click on the Offers subtab
- Click on the Add Offer button
- The Add a New Offer wizard will open
The Add a New Offer Wizard - 3rd Party Offer
When adding a new offer, the wizard walks you through the required information. Every field is required.
Name: Every offer is required to have a name.\L
Vertical: Every offer requires and is associated to 1 vertical.\L \
Advertiser: Every offer requires and is associated to 1 advertiser.
- Status: An offer's status affects the access level for affiliates. An offer can have 1 of 4 statuses:
- Public: A public offer is shown in the Affiliate Portal and affiliates have direct access to run these offers without requiring any approval by an admin user.
- Private: A private offer will not show in the Affiliate Portal for an affiliate that does not have an active campaign. Only an admin user can create a campaign for an affiliate for a private offer
- Apply to Run: An apply to run offer is shown in the Affiliate Portal and affiliates can apply to run them, but an admin user must approve the campaign before the affiliate has access to the links, creatives, etc.
- Inactive: Affiliates do not have access to an inactive offer. Affiliates that did not previously have an active campaign with this offer will not see this offer in the Affiliate Portal. Affiliates that had an active campaign with this offer will see it, but will not be able to access the Campaign card.
Offer Type: For the purpose of this documentation, Offer Type will always be a 3rd Party.\L
Offer Currency: CAKE instances come with one default currency. If an instance does not have additional currencies, this field is not displayed. Users can enable other currencies by requesting them from CAKE. If an instance has multiple currencies, users can choose the currency for the offer in this field.
Price Format: An offer can have 1 of 5 price formats:
- CPA (Cost Per Acquisition): Use the CPA price format when paying an affiliate per conversion, whether it is a sale, download, installation or any other action .
- CPC (Cost Per Click): Use the CPC price format when paying an affiliate per unique click.
- CPM (Cost Per Mile): Use the CPM price format when paying an affiliate per 1,000 unique impressions\L .
- Fixed (not to be confused with CPA): Use the fixed price format when paying an affiliate a lump sum of money regardless of volume of clicks or conversions.
- Revshare (Revenue Share): Use the Revshare price format when paying an affiliate a percentage of the revenue earned on the campaign. Revshare also allows for the total sale price to be passed in the conversion pixel. In this situation, both the percentage received from the advertiser and the percentage paid to the affiliate can be defined.
Payment Model: The attribution model in which you would like to pay your affiliates.
- Last Touch - The most recent affiliate to send the traffic that converts on your offer will get the credit
- First Touch - The first affiliate to send traffic to your offer regardless if that user clicks on additional links
Normally, a cookie is placed on the user's browser when they first click on a link for an offer. Any clicks that occur for that offer after that first click are de-duped by CAKE within the cookie duration (which is 30 days by default). With last touch, with each click from a new Affiliate, CAKE will count that click as a unique click and overwrite the cookie existing on the user's browser with a new one, re-setting the cookie days from that point. When the user converts, it will read that cookie and credit the conversion to the most recent Affiliate who generated a click from that user
Received: Defines how much the advertiser intends to pay per conversion.
Default Paid: Defines the default price intended to be paid to affiliates per conversion. A custom payout can be defined on the campaign for different affiliates.
Offer Link: The link that either the advertiser has provided for an offer brokered by a 3rd party or the direct link to the landing page if personally hosting the landing page.
SSL: Checking this box accomplishes 3 things:
- The conversion pixel will be formatted to be "https" making the pixel secure.
- The affiliate will be forced to place a secure tracking pixel as opposed to a non-secure pixel.
- Users will be redirected form the non-secure tracking link to a secure version of the tracking link to ensure that they are able to view a page with an SSL certificate installed.
Postbacks Only: This setting should be enabled if you want to limit the type of pixel affiliates can place to a postback URL (S2S Pixel). The ability to place a browser pixel will be removed.